Tuesday 4 February 2014

Creative Experiment - January Roundup and February Targets. Also Last weeks quotes.

So January is over and I wanted to summarise my CE achievements for the month

JANUARY
My points total for Jan is 7 (out of a possible 11). I missed out on the mail art which I just never got around to, and the inspiration journal which I did not plan to do.

I keep my inspirational material on pinterest which for me is perfect. 95% of my inspirational browsing is online so I would actually have to print everything out to put it into a book which would be time consuming and expensive. I do not get any magazines at the present (for financial and storage reasons) and I still have sizeable stacks of craft (Cross Stitch/Dolls House Miniatures) magazines from previous years which I can't seem to make myself toss out.

After that I determined not to buy magazines any more and rely on looking at all the lovely blogs for free, and when pinterest came along and gave me a place to make board where the pins reference back to their owners I was in heaven. The only exception was letting mum bring me a magazine when in hospital since I wasn't online and was bored. Reading the two she brought me on one occasion reinforced my decision as I didn't feel there was all that much in a nearly £5 magazine and I could get more inspiration visitng blogs for free or half an hour on flickr.

FEBRUARY
With the Feb challenges out we are encouraged to set a target for the month and I am setting my target at 19 points (of 21 available). CE#8 (the real life pinboard) is out for the reasons above, I would have to go searching for stuff to put on it and it wouldn't feel genuine to me.

For me February will mean carving stamps, blog hunting (like I don't already have 50 art blogs in my rss reader) and doing the monochromatic pages.

Quotes
Last weeks quotes brought to you by Emily Dickinson, next week....Mahatma Ghandi.

No comments:

Post a Comment