Thursday 23 January 2014

And now for something completely different....or at least a little furrier

When I named my blog Cats and Creativity it was inspired by two of my favourite things in life and I think it is time I shared the other one with you.



Meet Astrilde, she is the youngest of our cats and is my little baby, my grandfather says I spoil her but such a thing is impossible. Of our three cats she is the only one we got as a kitten and she was just just the cutest thing ever. She has a genetic mutation which gives her two different coloured eyes (heterochromia) which catches everyone by surprise. There is not a mean bone in her body (which is actually filled with love) and she gets on very well with our black cat. Exept when he escaped for a few hours last week and she growled at him and wouldn't be his friend for two days.



Now as an adult her favourite things include eating things she shouldn't and snuggling with my by the fire which I enjoy even more than she does. I could listen to that purr all day. This is us yesterday.Apparently my tummy makes a lovely bed. Things she doesn't like include sneezes (she will complain if you sneeze and can spot a fake) and people she doesn't know. If someone knocks at the door she is off to another room, I think my mum has petted her once in the six years we have had her.

She can be very opinionated, this is my usual morning visit. Sitting on the toilet (!) she sits opposite me.



"Why yes I have knocked your toiletry bag onto the floor, you should have put it away after abandoning me for the weekend"

"Hey, stop paying attention to phone, you don't need hands for pooping, hands should be petting me!" *poke poke*

No comments:

Post a Comment