Tuesday 21 January 2014

CE #3 Gelli Printing Bonanza and a family weekend.

Another week begins and I wanted to share the fruits of my creative play at the end of last week.

I decided after seeing some other peoples gelli prints on the daisy yellow group on FB that I had to gather up my paints and take them into the other room and have some fun.  I spent about 2 hours one evening brayering and layering and had some lovely results. You have to love the gelli plate, it gives such unpredictable results and most of the time they are awesome. These papers are for my CE#3 and before I cut into them, I have scanned them so I can use them forever in web graphics and such.



This weekend was spent over with my family. It is only an hour away but when I go I make a weekend of it. Friday afternoon was spent with Grandparents, Saturday shopping for a dress for a wedding next month (with a trip to the craft shop as a reward for sucess). Finally, sunday was a family meal to celebrate the birthday of my Mum and Uncle (twins). Between playing sous chef for mother and guests arriving my sister let me play with her new DSLR camera (a Nikon D3100) in the house, I didn't push my luck and ask to go into the garden, plus the weather wasn't awesome. The night before I had been reading from the book she got to go with and had a little fun.


I have got to get me one of these cameras! When I get some pennies, about 27000 of them actually. Then I can set up a little photo corner in my crafting space for snapping better blog pics than with my phone, HD video and a million other things. AWESOME.  AND I am going to get the same model as my sis so that we can learn to use them together and share accessories as we get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment