Tuesday 14 January 2014

Creative Experiment #6

Having completed #6 I now how something with photos to show you.

CE #6: {1 point} Make coffee, tea or espresso stained papers.

First I had a cup of coffee to give me energy and inspiration. This could be considered the most important step.

Then I grabbed a couple of glass ramekins from the cupboard and spooned instant expresso into one and a tea bag into the other, poured some boiling water on top and left to cool.

Gathering up a selection of papers to stain (chart paper, book pages and white cardstock) I set to work. These are my results.


I have tea/coffee dyed paper before and only ever ended up with plain brown pages and I have to say I am more of a colour kind of girl so I tried the espresso rings which I found to be one of my favourites.

My other fave was a peice of card with a bubble wrap print on it. Taking a piece of bubble wrap and painting on some diluted generic white glue, then laying the card on top and gently smoothing. Peel off and allow to dry. Then paint coffee all over it.

I have to say I expected the glue areas to RESIST the coffee stains but instead I got more of the reverse, perhaps if I try again with a clear acrylic medium (which was in another room so I was lazy) then I may have gotten a resist effect. I had bubblewrap/glue printed a few extra sheets so more in keeping with my style I attacked those with my spray ink collection (homemade).

No comments:

Post a Comment