Tuesday 28 January 2014

NEW TOY!!!.....Kitties and last weeks quotes.

Do you remember when I said I enjoyed playing with my sisters camera the other weekend......?

Well now I can enjoy playing with my own!  I picked up my own Nikon D3100 DSLR on friday and have been taking some time playing with it over the weekend. I already have lots of pictures of my cats (of course) though the weather isn't conducive to outdoor photography just yet. We are having a grey, damp january here in Yorkshire. Accessories (case/filters/memory card/guide books) are awaiting delivery soon.

Lacking anything particularly interesting to photograph I resorted to my usual test subjects, the kitties.

Shown in age (and adoption) order. 



Freaya is the matriarch of the house and rules over all kitties (and some humans).
Prefers the other cats to keep their distance and will inforce this rule with the paw 'o' doom.
Likes head scratches but hates tummy rubs. Enforces this rule with teeth and claws.
Loves to sit on laps but has a tendency to cut off blood supply due to her mass.
Eats dry food. With the exception of when she helps herself to the other kitties wet food just to prove that she can.



Loki is my MIL's black tomcat (though she is now in a residential facilty) and he is a bit dumb.
Loves all other cats though. Best Friends with Astrilde.
Can be loving when he wants (sometimes when he is hungry) and has attached to me since his favourite human died last year.
Likes head scratches and just above the tail.
Squeeky voice (not very manly).
Loves white fish and will swipe food from your plate given the chance.



Astrilde (Tilly) is as I have said before, is my little baby. Love those eyes. I have already introduced her to you in a previous post. The camera just loves her.

Daily Quote Journal
I am keeping up nicely with my daily quotes, uploading daily to instagram and I will add them to my blog weekly now. Here is last weeks arranged into a collage.


Until next time (and two more creative challenges before January ends)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment